Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Bachelorette Party




There have been a lot of people come up to me in regards the the bachelorette party I threw for Chandy. I'm not sure what the "story" is that is floating around, but just to clear the air, I will tell you what happened. So, when I started planning this shower for Chandy, I decided that since most of our close friends were already married, it would be fun to do something a little more... how do I say it... "informal." I had found a game on the internet where you get play dough and sculpt a guys "you know what". I had prizes for the best and the worst. I thought that would be hilarious!! So I played off that to my next event. I had planned to have a guy come to the door dressed as a cop. He would have a briefcase handcuffed to his hand and he would say something to the effect of... "Chandy, you need to find the key... somewhere on my body." The key would be in a pocket or something and she would have to fish it out. Well, I searched for weeks to find a guy that would be willing to do this.... with no luck. So I called a friend of my older brother and asked him to do it. He said no, but would find me someone that would. He called me back and said he found 2 guys and there was no need to get costumes because they already had costumes and a skit all planned out. He said they would be knocking on my door at 8:00 sharp and when they come in and say the word "pants," I am to cue the "milkshake" song. The video on YouTube under "funny strippers" is what we got. I must say, it was more than I was expecting and I was just as shocked as everyone else there, but it was so freakin funny you couldn't help but laugh.


A few weeks later, one of the guys came into Bobby's work... Bob said to him, "So I hear you have a second job." Rob said, "How would you know about that?"... Bob said, "it was my house!!" It was pretty funny. Small World.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bradi - I can't believe you are posting this on your page!!! I must say that when I went to your house for my bridal shower I was not expecting ANYTHING that happened! Now that there has been some time I can laugh but I was mad...I was really more embarassed cuz you caught me way off guard! But then about a month later I was at my cousin's house watching the fight and in walks 'mr. cop in the green speedos' he was actually pretty embarassed...but it's all good cuz I was too...

Bradi said...

I know... if I would've known that it would've been such a big deal, I may have re-thought that particular party theme!! Also, it spread like wild fire through St. George.... Crazy. :) All in all... it was pretty funny. Have you seen Tyler's video the guys put on You Tube? It is pretty funny watching it from their point of view!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bradi-

I love your blog. I would write one but I don't have kids and therefore nothing of interest to post. But I love reading everyone elses and getting onto other peoples that I haven't seen in a long time. Your kids are adorable keep the pics coming. Hope to see you soon.