Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Visitors

Last night was crazy, we are babysitting my mom's 2 dogs while they are out of town... wow.... no dogs for me thanks... at least right now! These dogs sleep on my parents bed so they are used to sleeping next to people. I was working on my homework until 1 and decided it was time to go to bed. I put the dogs on my bed and went back into the living room to find Kason. He had a bad dream and was crying. I put him back in his bed, got him a drink of water, and went to bed. About 10 minutes later he opened his door. Well, the dogs freaked out!! They were barking and yipping and oh my gosh... Aiden was asleep at the foot of our bed! I flew out of bed and turned on the hall light and told them no! Luckily, Aiden didn't' wake up. I picked up Kason and took him back to his bed, Sophie(one of the dogs) followed me and jumped on his bed. Kason said he wanted to sleep with Sophie so I said sure! (Better in his bed than mine!) So I came into my room to get Bella (other dog) too. They have to sleep together. By the time I got back with Bella, Sophie had jumped onto Brooklyn's bed and woke her up... so now... its 1:30 in the morning and I have 2 kids WIDE AWAKE and 2 dogs WIDE AWAKE! Lovely. Kason wanted to sleep in Brooklyn's bed too so I moved him over so both kids could sleep with both dogs. I told them to go to sleep. I came back to bed... heard giggling for another 30 minutes before I went back in there to take away the dogs. I told them they couldn't sleep with the dogs since they weren't going to bed. By this time it's close to 2:30. I brought the dogs back in our room. The house makes noises in the night that the dogs aren't used to... like the freezer ice machine dropping ice... dogs bark. Not good.

I think it was 3 when I finally fell asleep, only to be woke up at 4:30 by Aiden. He has had a stuffy nose so he hasn't been sleeping well. I gave him his binky, he stopped crying for 10 minutes, cried, binky, 10 minutes, cried... finally I made a bottle for him and he went back to sleep.... finally I got to sleep too.

OK.... so the moral of the story is... no dogs for us in the near future. :)

2 comments:

Susan E said...

you forgot the part about the poop :)

Bradi said...

:) I know. That was the next night. So this time I decided to have them sleep with the kids to start. Then Brooklyn comes into my room at 4 am saying that the dog pooped in her bed!! I know!! Sick! I go in there and the dog had pooped and tracked it everywhere! All over her sheets and bedding. So, I had to wash the bedding in the middle of the night. The smell was horrible, the poop was horrible, and now Brooklyn had to sleep the rest of the night in Kason's bed.

So again... no dogs for us in the near future... :)