Thanksgiving this year was really fun. Because it was my mom's year for Thanksgiving... I got to eat the big meal at my own house. :) It was so nice to not go anywhere. :) The meal was really good. I made my grandma's homemade noodles again too.... they were actually really good! I just need to work on the broth now. My broth was good but not quite like my grandma's. :) I'll probably make it again in the next few weeks since we like to eat them for lunch and dinner. ;) After noodles came turkey, stuffing, yams (which were delicious), mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, rolls, jello, and dixie fruit salad. Seriously... everything was sooo good. :)
After we ate, we had to wait a little bit for the desserts. :) ** We actually got together the day before Thanksgiving to bake the desserts. It was fun to hang with Lainee, my mom and Aubs. We made pumpkin pie, cream puffs, peach pie and lemon meringue pie. Everything turned out except the lemon meringue... for some reason the filling never set up. Weird. **
We decided to play some canasta while we we waited for dessert. Lainee actually played today so that was fun! It was me and Lainee vs. my mom and Aubrey. Me and Lainee won so maybe we'll get Lainee to play again. :)
After Canasta, we left to go visit the Eardley's for a bit. Kim had his brothers and sisters there so we wanted to say hi for a bit. We stayed there for about 45 minutes before heading to my dads. We stopped at my grandma's first. I was glad to see her. I've wanted to come visit since the funeral but I got sick and then she got sick of company... :) I still call and chat with her though, but it was good to see her. She had made her cheesecake too. We started asking her what she put in it so we could make it too. When we asked about the red topping she puts on top she said, "well that's another story!" We asked her to tell us and she started by saying, "Well you have to get this pie stablizer, that you can only get at the Merk." We laughed because the Merk as been closed for a long time. Then Garrett asked her how long her pie stablizer has been in her fridge. She turned to him and said, "About 20 years." We busted up laughing... then we had to go see it. Sure enough, she had a box in her fridge of Cherry Pie Stablizer. It looked like a box that was made 20 years ago. We examined the contents... it looked just like corn starch. :) When we went back in the living room to confirm that we'd found the box she said something to the effect of, "it hasn't killed us yet!" We all laughed. I seriously love her so much.
After we left grandma's, we went up to my dad's to visit and look at ads. We needed a game plan for Black Friday shopping. It was good to visit with him and Jake. :) We left around 9 pm to go stand in line at Target. I got there around 9:30 by the time I stopped home to change and pick up my mom. Lainee was already in line waiting for us. :) Josy met us there, along with Susan, Kalie, and Steph. It was a crazy night of shopping. I waited in the electronic line for most of the time. Thanks to Lainee and Josy for grabbing my other things for me. :)
All in all, it was a great day. I'm so thankful for my family and friends and I'm thankful for all the blessings I have in my life. :)

1 comment:
I'm glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving! Kind of fun to get to eat at home!
Post a Comment