Thursday, September 18, 2008

Very Disturbing

I hardly ever write anything that doesn't pertain to me or my kids, but I felt the need tonight when I got an e-mail to watch a segment of Oprah that aired Monday. I don't know if anyone else out there watched it but it shook me to my core. I immediately wrote my letter to the senator and felt obligated to write something on here. If just one more person reads this and sends a letter then we are that much closer to help this horrible situation of Internet child pornography. I cannot believe how bad it has gotten. I had to leave the room during parts of the show because it made me so sick to my stomach. I suggest anyone who wants to get educated in what is going on out there to look up her website at the link below and do your part to help our children. I do have to tell you... it is very disturbing.

http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow/20080911_tows_predators/1

5 comments:

Lainee said...

I watched that same episode yesterday and immediately wrote the senators. It is crazy how scary the world really is. Everyone please write.

Susan E said...

Kudos to you for writing something about it and thanks too. This is something I feel very strongly about. How long are we going to stand back and watch OTHER people destroy OUR children's lives? I also watched this and was very much in disbelief about what really happens "out there". I too wrote my letters and I hope everyone does the same so we can pass this act and be that much closer to protecting our children and other people's children!!!! If you are interested in writing to our senators you need to waste no more time and do it today . . . before you do anything else because they will close the session before the end of September.

Melinda said...

I have always been so very concerned about pedophiles! I started to watch the show but start to cry and felt sick to my stomach and couldn't take it anymore! Consider my letter written because that is what I am going to do this very minute. I beg everyone else to do the same.

Jodi Rae said...

I saw part of that show as well, but I could not even finish watching it. It made me sick to my stomach! I will definitely write. We have to do all that we can to protect our little ones.

Melinda said...

I am so excited and relieved! I just barely heard that it passed senate!! Thank you for the link Bradi! I am so glad that we wrote!