Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas!

I can't believe another Christmas has come and gone. This year was fun for us because both our kids are old enough now to know about Santa coming in the night and leaving presents. It makes Christmas morning pretty exciting to see their happy faces.

It has been a tradition in my family (on the Frei side) to go to the Christmas Eve Program in Santa Clara on christmas eve. This year our family was in charge of it so it was fun to be involved and help the kids learn their part. Brooklyn was a snowflake and Kason would have been an angel if he would've put his costume on and actually got on stage, but he refused and wanted nothing to do with it. :) That's ok, maybe he'll come around next year. :) After the program, Santa comes and gives each child a present. Brooklyn had wrote a letter to Santa asking for a Leapster and that is exactly what santa gave her. She was so excited! :) Kason got a firetruck on Christmas Eve that he loved but got the tool bench he asked for Christmas morning.

Christmas morning was so fun. Kason loved his tool bench and Brooklyn got a doll and a doll set from Santa. My mom and Ken came up to see the kids open their presents so that was fun for them and the kids. :) We let the kids play with their new toys and made a big breakfast before heading over to Santa Clara around 2. We visited my dad and my grandparents for a bit before heading to Bob's parents' house. We played cards and hung out there the rest of the evening.

It seems like each year it gets busier and busier... and by the time next Christmas rolls around we will have another little one in our family. Too crazy! :) I love Christmas time and the chance to live so close to all my family. It makes us all so close and I appreciate all of them so much.

I hope everyone's holiday was great!! Have a great New Year!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Looks like you guys had a good Christmas. Your kids are so cute, I feel like I always tell you that, but it's true. I had to catch up on your blog I haven't blogged for a while. But I can't believe Kason shaved his head.. why is it always right down the middle?? And I also loved the snow pics. Miss you guys:) Happy New Year