Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gingerbread Houses


This has got to be one of my favorite traditions we do at my dad's house. It gives the kids a "safe" way to be creative... plus it involves candy! :) I buy the gingerbread village so each member of our family gets a mini house to decorate. I was really impressed with Brooklyn and Kason this year. They made their own ALL by themselves. Even Aiden put all the candy on his. We just helped him with the frosting. His went like this: one candy on the house... one candy in his mouth.... one candy on the house... :) you get the picture. :)

I'm so thankful my dad keeps these traditions going. It's great to spend time with him and the rest of the family. :)

** p.s. We tell the kids they can only eat certain candy... because we do this every year, I have some candy that is close to 7 years old... like the rock candy for example. ;) So that candy is NO EATING candy. :) LOL. Hey, those rock candies are so cool for gingerbread houses... who eats them anyway right?

3 comments:

The Staheli's said...

So cute! This is one tradition I want to continue doing. Avery had a blast this year doing her gingerbread house. I'm glad you guys have stuck with this one. It's a keeper for sure. And the houses look great!

Susan E said...

i love making gingerbread houses - love this tradition.

Lainee said...

I love this night! So fun this year!!