I can't believe how far behind I got on my blog! Weird. :) But I'm determined to get caught up today. Here is the first of many posts. :)
Christmas Eve was really nice this year. We made it to the program in Santa Clara early so we had better seats than usual. Kason was a reindeer and sang Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. :) I cracked up at his flashing red nose. He thought it was great... he kept going around and showing everyone his nose and antlers. :) I love the pic of him showing my dad.... plus you can see Bryce in the background getting a kick out of it too. ;) Brooklyn was a doll and sang Are My Ears on Straight. She did so good too. I could hear her singing from my seat... :) She did amazing.
When it was time for Santa to come, all the kids were excited! Aiden was first up. I thought for sure I'd have another pic of him crying on Santa's lap, but I didn't! He just sat there like, "ummm... not really sure what to do now?" :) It was funny. He didn't really care much about opening the present either. Even after it was open he had more fun playing with the box. He kept karate chopping it. He got a remote control car that he did eventually play with when we got home. :) Kason was next on Santa's lap. He was excited.... excited to sit on Santa's lap and excited for his present. He opened up a remote control helicopter!! He was way excited! Brooklyn cracked me up. She sat on Santa's lap for like 5 minutes. She was talking and talking! (She was telling Santa how she wanted an iphone 4s... yeah right!) She opened a sewing machine and was pretty excited about that too.
When we got all the presents upwrapped and cleaned up we headed home. I had a ham cooking for after the program. We were starving! It was so nice to come home to a quite house and just play with the kids and their new toys. We put the kids to bed around 10. :)
It was a good Christmas Eve. I really look forward to spending the evening with my husband and kids... and even though the Christmas Eve program seems like a lot, its really nice to have something that makes the evening different from any other night. Plus, the kids get to see Santa right before bed! So fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment