Saturday, March 3, 2012

Brooklyn's Baptism

Today was Brooklyn’s baptism day. We had been looking forward to and preparing for this day for the past 8 months. On the day of her baptism, we had to be there at 9:30 to make sure we had enough time to take some pictures and have them get changed. I could tell Brooklyn was nervous but she was putting on a brave face. :) The stake president told us we were going to have a prayer meeting for the parents and kids before the actual meeting so we followed him out to another room. He talked to the kids about the process they were about to do and made sure they had no questions about it. He was really nice and friendly. He even made the kids laugh. At the end of the meeting, he looked right at me and asked if I’d give the prayer. Wow! Talk about being put on the spot. ;) lol. It was good though and I’m glad I got to participate in her day too. :)

The program was good. Brooklyn’s primary president introduced Brooklyn to the congregation. She said she was so proud of Brooklyn for choosing to get baptized and she thought it was pretty cool that Brooklyn put the scripture app on her ipod. :) Brooklyn just stood there and smiled the entire time. :) So cute.

Brooklyn was the second child called into the font room. We had a good crowd for her baptism. Bob did a good job and she only had to be dunked once. ;) I could tell she was nervous but it helped to have Bob there with her. :)  I got her changed and we went to the young women’s room to do her confirmation.

Bob did a really good job with her confirmation too. I could tell that Brooklyn felt the spirit in the room.  I’m so grateful to the men in the circle, for being a part of Brooklyn’s life and participating in this great blessing. Our bishop said a few words about Brooklyn then my dad gave the closing prayer.

We had lunch back at our house for everyone. We ordered Jimmy Johns sandwiches and had salads and treats too. I really enjoyed the company and was grateful to everyone for coming and supporting us. Brooklyn got several gifts from everyone but I think she was most excited about her very own scriptures and scripture bag from her dad and I. :)

It was such an amazing day. We are so proud of Brooklyn. She is such an amazing child and I’m so lucky to have her as my daughter. I love her so much and I can’t wait to see the young women she grows to be. She is giving herself the best start she can by getting baptized and wanting to make good choices. Words can’t describe how proud I am of her.

1 comment:

The Staheli's said...

Such an awesome day! Love her smile. She looks radiant. We love that little girl.♥