Thursday, January 20, 2011

You Inspire Me

I started doing the Everyday Life Project (where you take a photo a day)... and so far I LOVE IT! Giving myself a reason to take a photo each day has allowed me to capture some photos that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

Normally when I go to my grandparents house, I don't ask to take certain pictures of them and myself, but having an "excuse" has been really good for me.  My grandpa turned 95 years old yesterday. I asked Bob if he'd take a picture of me and my grandpa together for my photo of the day (which I wouldn't normally do)... and oh my gosh! I love it! I will cherish this picture forever. 

Also, just this past week we were over there getting some homemade applesauce when I got this great picture of my grandma.  She was dishing up Kason some applesauce to eat, which was so amazing because I ate out of that same bowl when I was little, and she served it out of tupperware just like that. When I think of my grandma, this is what comes into my mind... and I was able to capture it with my camera.

Let me tell you something about these amazing people... they INSPIRE me. 
  • They inspire me to work hard.  To this day, my grandpa gardens outside and my grandma peels apples all day to provide us all with homemade applesauce.  Every year they help run the fruit stand, they mingle with customers, answer phones, and enjoy being a part of it. 
  • They have been married for over 70 years! Amazing... INSPIRING.
  • They eat fresh fruits and vegetables for breakfast, lunch and dinner.... INSPIRING.  I can only hope to be as healthy as they are when I am 95. It makes me want to take good care of my body now so I will live to be 95 and counting!
  • My grandma survived cancer when she was 70-ish... and it hasn't been back... INSPIRING.
  • They give all they have to their family... INSPIRING.
I could go on all day about how much they mean to me and how much they have influenced my life, but I won't... :)  I just wanted to share my amazing pictures and maybe let them INSPIRE you too.

1 comment:

The Staheli's said...

Great post Bradi!!! I've heard so much about your grandparents, but never actually met them. I would like to...they inspire me too! I want to be that healthy and that active when I am that age. :)