Friday, October 17, 2008

A Typical Day

The other day I read a post on someone else's blog that inspired me to post something real. She said in her post that a lot of mom's these days have a lot of pressure to be "perfect". The perfect mom, cook, wife, etc. Even in the blogging world, we look at other peoples' blogs and wish we could have the cutest layouts or the best pictures... and all to often we end up thinking that maybe we just "aren't good enough." I really believe that moms today have the pressure to be "perfect." The kind of mom that bakes goodies every day, cleans house, has the laundry done, has dinner on the table at 6 sharp and has the kids in bed by 9. I feel the pressure sometimes so I thought maybe I would take this opportunity to post something real... and hopefully if anyone else reads this... they can walk away thinking... "I'm glad I'm not the only one!"

Our Day Today:


It started when I rolled out of bed at 9:00... yup 9! Both my kids came wandering in my room at about 8:30 and climbed into my bed to snuggle before we got up for breakfast.
For breakfast, they had a choice of Lucky Charms, Cheerios, or an Eggo Waffle. I haven't shopped for cereal in a while so the pickins are slim.
About 10:00, the kids headed outside and I headed to the computer. I spend a few hours updating new e-mail addresses and cancelling some accounts we never use.
About 11:00 I changed Kason's poop. :) I didn't realize he had poop until I looked outside and noticed his diaper pretty soggy... going down the slide with poop... NOT GOOD.
*Things to note this far: both kids are still in pajamas, I have yet to shower, and its nearly lunch.
About 12:30 I decided I better find something to make for lunch... I walk to the pantry, open the door and stand there, staring... for about 3 minutes. Close the pantry, grab the cookbook and try to find a recipe I can make with tortillas. No luck. So I defrost some chicken, cook it and make chicken quesadillas. Fancy, I know. :)
I DID do the dishes and wipe down my kitchen after lunch since it made such a big mess...
About 2:00 I went back to the computer.
About 2:20 changed Kason's poop... again. :)
By now the kids have wandered into my bedroom and are now jumping on my bed. (still in pajamas, except Kason has lost his bottoms from his last diaper change so now he's just in a pajama top and a diaper.
*Things to note this far: both kids in pajamas, still no shower, no laundry, and now my bed is a wreck.
About 4:00 snapped some pictures of the kids and posted this post... then possibly heading to the shower. :)
(One of the pictures of Kason was from yesterday... again... pajama shirt and diaper... I might be noticing a trend)


I know this is a long post and I don't really do those but I felt the need to post what is actually a Typical Day in our household and I hope to maybe read your "typical days" too so I won't feel so bad!! :)

8 comments:

Susan E said...

You are not alone. I will post my typical day in the near future for you to read. :)

Melinda said...

Yeah, I got dressed today because I knew I was going to have people stopping by to pick some stuff up today. :) But I NEVER spend that much time on the compter! HA! I am only kidding! I might post a typical day soon too. Thanks Bradi!

Jodi Rae said...

I love this! It sounds all too familiar:). I am glad as moms we can all relate to eachother!

The Staheli's said...

This was a fun post. It's definately nice to know I'm not the only one who has a kid in pj's all day. :) I might be taking you up on the typical day post someday soon.

Alex said...

Thanks for the fun post. It really is comforting to know that I am not the only mom out there.

Susan E said...

Tag, you're it. Check my blog for rules. :)

Lainee said...

Love the post! I am glad I am not the only one who sits in front of their computer in their pajama's!

Thanks so much for tending all my kidlets last week. I hope Addie was good. I'll be calling you to get the full update :) We had a great time so thank you for helping me. I love you!

melaniemai said...

Hey Bradi!
How are you? Your family is so cute! I love this post and YES! It definatley makes me feel better!
PS I need my pictures done!