Father's Day this year was really fun... and WELL PLANNED (which was nice). Because I have many father's to visit on Father's Day, sometimes it gets overwhelming.... but not this year.... this year was nice.
We woke up to a note from my mom and Ken saying they went golfing so I was ready with my camera when they came around to the 4th tee (by our house).
Then Bob opened up his gift from the kids- a new mouse pad for his computer at work with all three kids on it. (Bob had been saying for years that he needed a new mousepad. The last one only had Brooklyn and Kason on it, and it was made when Kason was just a newborn.)
Next we were off to Santa Clara. Lainee, Aubrey and I decided it would be fun to make dinner for my dad so I went to his house to start the potatoes while he finished up with church. :) My grandparents came up to eat, along with my Aunt Vicki and Uncle Bryce. It was so good to spend time with my family... I don't get to see them as often as the rest of my fam. :)
Here is the pic of my and my dad. :) Brooklyn jumped in the picture too. :) Look how tan he is... I guess being a "cattle man" will do that to you! :)
After my dad's we went to Kim and Joyce's. Joyce made enchiladas for everyone. :) I can't believe I didn't take any pictures while I was over there!!! I guess it's because I got distracted with a Rook game. :)
After we left Joyce's, we came home to do the "dessert" at our house. It's fun to have my mom and Ken living with us. It cut-out one stop on our "normal" fathers day routine because we didn't have to drive out to their house... and we got to relax at home for the evening. :) I really enjoyed that because usually we spend so much time driving all over town, that Bob doesn't really get to enjoy his Father's Day.
The dessert was rootbeer floats and roasted marshmellows out at the firepit. :) It was a lot of fun. Even the neighbor boys (that were in town visiting their grandma next door) came over to play.
All in all, it was a great father's day. We got to spend time with the people we love and enjoy the day. I am so grateful for the men in my life. I feel very blessed to have been raised by two amazing fathers... my dad and my step-dad. I don't know what I would do without them. And even more amazing was to gain another father when I married Bob. His dad is amazing as well. He loves his children very much.
Lastly, and most important... :) is to tell how lucky I am to have my wonderful husband. Really, words can't describe this man. I've never met anyone so selfless and considerate. Bob truly would do anything for me and it shows every day in his actions and how he treats me. I love him with all my heart. Not only is he an amazing husband, but he is an amazing dad as well. Sometimes I think he would like to just come home from work and not be bothered by the kids... but he comes home and plays with the kids anyway. They are always so excited for dad to come home from work.
And just when you think he can't do any more... he starts the laundry if it needs done... cleans the house.... fixes dinner when I've had a hard day...... runs errands with me...... and my favorite- he'll rub my feet or tickle my back while we watch tv. :) I know... he's amazing... and he's all mine! :)
I love ya hun! Happy Father's Day!
1 comment:
Great post. We do have a bunch of great guys in our lives! Love the picture of Bob with the marshmallow, they were freakin' big! :)
Post a Comment