We love going to Sand Hollow. I'm sure you will find many posts on here about our trips to the lake. :) We love that we can load up the boat and come out whenever we want to take a break and relax. We even will come out for a few hours in the evening, just to fish. :)
A few years back we got a big group together to hang at the lake for the day, so we tried to do that again. Russ, Michelle and their girls, Justin, Jessica and Avery, Kathy, and my family made it this time... We didn't have a huge group... but it was still fun nonetheless! :) It was windy though... which wasn't ideal. We ended up tying the boats between rocks and just playing in the water. None of our air pumps were working so I had to blow up the big float raft with a foot pump. :) Oh well, it was worth it!
Once the evening came, the wind died down a little bit so we could lift up the anchors and fish for a bit. Justin caught the most fish... :) But after they went home, Kath gave him a run for the biggest fish caught.! :)
Kason loves to cast his pole, and he's really good at it too, but he's not so good at the patience thing. The minute his lure hits the water, he reels it in again. We keep telling him he's never going to catch a fish but he does it anyway. So, I was using one of the kids poles to fish and hooked a little one. I knew it was hooked well so I asked Kason if he'd hold my pole for a minute while I took some pictures. (It was a little enough fish that you couldn't really tell it was on.) I grabbed my camera and took a few pictures then he yelled, "Mom!! I caught a fish!" I told him to start reeling to see... :) His face lit up and he could barely contain himself! :) It was so cute! He reeled in that fish all by himself and was so proud. He couldn't wait to tell my mom and Ken! :) It was the perfect end to a fun day! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment