Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to School for Brooklyn

I can't believe school has already started! AND I can't believe that my little Brooklyn is already in 2nd grade. Crazy. This year was a little scarier for her because we moved over the summer. Her "normal" routine of school got shaken up a bit. Luckily, she still gets to go to the same school... all that was different was the bus. I took her to the open house on Friday so she could meet her teacher and figure out where her classroom was. That was good because she was a little nervous. :)

On Monday, I woke her up early to get bathed and ready for school. She was pretty nervous but putting on a brave face. We got to school about 15 minutes early so I could take some pictures and walk her to her class. Her teacher is awesome. I can tell she has been teaching for a long time and knows what works for kids. :) I helped her with her worksheet while we waited for the bell to ring. She didn't really want me to leave so it was hard, but I know she did just fine. :)

When I picked her up from school we had a little argument... she thought she was riding Colton's bus home so she didn't want to come with me. I tried to explain that she was riding a different bus now but she wouldn't listen. I finally told her to just come with me... she wasn't happy about that. What can you do right? :) Anyway, other than that... the day was really fun for her and for me. It is nice to get back into a normal routine. :)

No comments: