We took the boat out Saturday to Sand Hollow again. We love spending time at the lake. Today was especially fun though because Lainee came with her kids, and Brooklyn got to bring a friend too. We started by getting everyone lathered up in sunscreen... of course... then we all jumped in the water. It was sooo nice. I think the water was around 80 degrees. My kids LOVE to swim at the lake. They jump off the boat, ride the waves, and even swim under the pontoon boat. :)
After swimming for a bit, we ran Reagan back to the docks, her parents were there to pick her up. Next was the cliff jumping. We have yet to do this at Sand Hollow. Some kids were jumping off the rocks by the docks so we parked the boat and joined in. Bob, Lainee and Landon were the brave ones to jump off the 30 foot one. I was going to, but decided to take pictures instead. :) Bob did a back flip off one of the high ones. It's amazing how talented he is on his flips. :)
After they jumped a few times, they climbed back into the boat to go do some fishing. Kathy caught some nice fish on this trip. Even Landon caught a really nice one. :) I hope my kids remember going out and fishing. I still remember my fishing trips from my childhood. :)
After fishing for a bit, we decided to head back over to the cliffs. :) We found a smaller one to jump off that even the kids could do. I was so proud of Kason for jumping. He was scared, but did it anyway. He's my brave boy. :) The cliff was perfect to jump and make letters with our bodies... so me, Lainee, Landon and Preston took turns making letters. I think I pulled my groin doing a K. :) Too funny.
All in all, it was one of the funnest trips out to the lake. :) Everyone had such a great time.

1 comment:
That was a fun day! We need to do it again! In my humble opinion, cliff jumping is a lot funner than fishing. I don't know what it is, but I love it! Didn't know you pulled a muscle. Dang, those K's will get ya every time. :)
Post a Comment