Sunday, July 3, 2011

Driving Range

Ever since we moved into our new house, my kids have taken up golf... surprise, surprise, I know... :) (Isn't that natural when you live on a golf course and can tee-off your grass?:) Anyway, we decided it would be fun to take the kids to the driving range so they could hit a whole bucket of balls and not have to run and get them off the golf course. ;)

I got myself a bucket of balls, but didn't really have a chance to hit. With everyone swinging away, I was keeping my attention on Aiden so he wouldn't walk behind or in front of anyone. It was hot too... (just thought I'd throw that in there.)  I finally kept Aiden busy gathering some balls way behind everyone with the help of Brooklyn so I could hit some of mine. I think I only hit 2 more when I heard a loud THUMP and then screaming. I looked over to see Brooklyn laying on the ground screaming and crying. I ran over in such a panic.  I was checking her, looking for blood, anything really. I heard Kason and Bob say what had happened while I was trying to calm her down enough to look at her head. I guess she had walked in front of Kason while he was swinging. It was an error on both their parts because Kason wasn't watching and Brooklyn should have never walked in front of him. Anyway, I picked her up in one arm and Aiden in the other and headed for the car. I could see where she got hit on the back of her head by her ear. I took her home to ice it and to watch for signs of a concussion. My mom came too to help with Aiden.

Brooklyn finally calmed down but she said couldn't move her head. It hurt to use those muscles back there to lift and to turn. I gave her some Tylenol and turned on cartoons to take her mind off of it. She stopped crying and just laid on the couch. I would have thought she was ok, but one pupil was more dilated than the other, and she still cried anytime she had to move her head.  I decided to err on the side of caution and take her to instacare.  We had to wait almost 2 hours to be seen. By the time we got in, she felt a lot better. You could barely tell anything had happened... which made me feel a lot better.  (Other than she couldn't turn her head very well, and I assumed the Tylenol had kicked in.) The doctor checked her out anyway and gave us the ok. He said the first things to look for are #1- eyes not dilating together. #2- memory loss. Which helps me know for next time! :)

It's so crazy how this....

Can turn to this.... 
In the blink of an eye.
We're just glad she is ok. :)

2 comments:

Lainee said...

So glad she is okay. Love ya, Brooklyn

The Staheli's said...

OUCH!!!!! That's awful. I'm glad she was okay. Scary stuff...