Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Nine Year Anniversary


I can't believe that I have been married for 9 years. Crazy. Time really flies doesn't it?  :) When I think back to when we got married, it makes me smile. Sometimes I wish we could go back to that time... just for a day. We both had jobs (so we had money), we had no kids (so we didn't have grey hair), we could do whatever we wanted (cuz we had money and no kids)... and PDA was a must (now it's more of a chore ;). LOL.  However... I'm glad that would only last one day. I love our life that we've built together now. I love our children and I love having no money... wait... umm, the money part could change. :) Mostly I'm just glad that we are happy. Happy and in love and building a great family. :)

For this post, I thought it would be fun for me and Bob to write 5 or 10 things that we know now, that we didn't know about each other when we got married.

Here's mine:
1. Bob is not the protector of the house at night... he can fall asleep in the middle of a conversation and won't wake for anything.... he could sleep right through a robber breaking in. :)
2. He brushes his teeth for like 30 minutes... Then gargles and hocks (so loud) for like 5 minutes more. :)
3. Bob doesn't like to be told what to do.... :) (Who does right?) But what I mean is, he'll ask my opinion on what he should do, but then {sometimes} gets mad after hearing it, if it didn't really agree with his . :)
4. He is VERY OCD. Things need to be lined up perfectly and done in a certain way. :)
5. Bob doesn't like to watch sports on TV... I kinda knew this when we got married but thought maybe the interest would grow... nope... no desire to watch professional sports on TV.
6. He will tickle my back at least 5 times before he asks for me to tickle his. (When we got married it was every other... but ever since I had the babies... he's been more willing to tickle mine without getting his scratched.)
7. Bob is really good at doing laundry... and so willing to do it too. :)
8. He doesn't care that I spend time on the computer or scrapbooking. (Or at least he doesn't give me crap over it :). He lets me do my thing without compliant.
9. He has never expected a dinner to be made, a clean house when he gets home, laundry or dishes done... I don't feel like he expects the 50's wife. He understands when the house gets dirty or the dishes didn't get done... and he never says a word about it. :)
10. I never thought when we first got married that I would be where I am today... but I am so glad and grateful that I am. Some things will never change... I loved Bob back then and I love him now and forever. I love our family and our life we've built together. Happy Anniversary Honey! :)

Here's Bob's:
1. She sleeps with her mouth open. (A lot.)
2. She reacts really well to Ambien (very entertaining). Once she had to take it and fell asleep sitting up in a chair snoring.
3. She over exaggerates her stories - (see lines 1, 2 and 3 in Bradi's list).
4. I didn't know her mother that well and did not realize exactly what I would be getting myself into. :)
5. She likes to have all serious conversations when I go to bed.
6. I'm pretty sure I didn't realize exactly how obsessed she is with electronics.
7. She sticks her lips out to touch her nose when she concentrates, like a deer doing a lip curl. :)
8. She is apparently allergic to drinking water. It makes her sick.
9. I did not know that she would get even more beautiful and that I would love her even more as time went by!!!
10. She is an amazing mother!!!

Here we are... 9 years later! ;)
For our date night we went out to dinner (to Outback) and then went to see Transformers 3. :) It was nice to have a break and get away with just the two of us. Thanks to my mom and Ken for babysitting. :)

5 comments:

The Staheli's said...

Congrats. That's a cute idea to write about each other. Happy Anniversary! Oh...and how do you get your pages/pictures to scan so nicely?

Bradi said...

Jess- I scanned them a long time ago but I'm sure I just used a higher resolution... then I'm sure I photoshopped the noise out of them.

Chandy said...

so cute Braid :) u guys r such a great couple & u have such a cute lil' family!!!

Adele said...

awesome. completely :)

Lainee said...

Great post! Loved it! Happy Anniversary!