Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kason's 1st Day

Today was Kason's 1st Day of preschool (4 year old class). Brooklyn started school a month ago so he was feeling pretty sad he had to wait a month for his turn. When the day finally came, he was so excited! :) He woke up before I even went to get him out of bed. He was already in the kitchen eating breakfast with Grandpa. :) He'd gotten dressed in an outfit he picked out too.... :) I told him he needed to take a bath before school. I was hoping he'd get distracted with the bath so I could change his shirt. I really didn't want him wearing a 4th of July T-shirt in all my first day of school pictures. :) It didn't work as you can see. He whined and told me he wanted to wear the shirt he picked out. I realized I didn't care that much... I just wanted him to have a great first day... and if him picking out his shirt makes him happy, so be it. :)

I took a few pictures at the house before heading out. We dropped Brooklyn off at school on our way. When we got to class, he acted fine... maybe a little nervous. ;) Last year Avery was in his class so he had a friend. This year Avery went to a different school so it was a little different for him. When I walked him in to class he put his backpack away just like he did last year - it's great they have a normal routine.  I didn't realize it was boys show and tell so I went to the car to find something for him to show. We ended up with our mini camcorder that the kids play with. :) He wanted to show his class the Yellowstone movies that were on it.

When it was time for me to go, he asked me if I could stay and play with him. I said, "not today buddy, but I will be here on Thursday... that's when it's my turn." He was ok with that and went to sit by Mrs. Keri to play. :)

When I picked him up from school he was really happy. He said he had a great first day and couldn't wait for Thursday. :) They made a little hat that talked all about their new class.

I'm so glad that Kason is such an easy-going kid. He loves pretty much everything he does and hardly ever complains! :) I'm grateful that school is yet another thing we can add to that list! :)

1 comment:

The Staheli's said...

Ahhh...we miss you guys! He looks adorable. Hope he has a fantastic year. Tell Miss Kari we say hi! :)