Sunday was a beautiful day. It was stormy. There was lightning. A nice change from the heat and blah weather. We went to Target to get some more bird seed for our feeder and ended up getting a new seat for Aiden that goes on a bike. We've wanted a tow carrier for a while now but didn't want to spend the money. This seat was cheaper and looked more fun than being towed behind the bike.
When we got back, it started raining. Bob spent most of the afternoon sitting outside, watching the storm clouds and enjoying the 75 degree weather. I scrapbooked. :) The kids traded off between being outside and playing the wii.
Around 5:30, Bob started assembling the seat onto the bike. He came and told us to check out the storm drain right in front of our house. Wow, there was a ton of water!! The kids immediately got in (of course). It was nice outside so I knew they wouldn't be cold, so I didn't care. Besides, I used to do that all the time when I was little! :)
The kids had so much fun. I even had fun taking pictures! The lighting was perfect and I got some great shots of the kids. I've forgotten how much I really do like taking pictures. :)
Check out all that water! It was so much fun! :) We came back in the house around 6:30. I wanted to see the cute pictures so I came into the office. Aiden came running in saying, "lightning mom, gonna get me." I looked over to see him hiding under my mom's printer table. He had even pulled the garbage can in front of the entrance. :)
I told him to come out and see me... that the lightning wasn't going to get him. :) He's so cute.
Once the rain stopped, we decided to go for a quick bike ride to try out the new bike seat. :) It was a lot of fun! Finally, we can all go as a family instead of me staying behind with Aiden. It was so worth it. The kids had a great time and so did me and Bob. :)
Here's Aiden in his new seat:
Whew... sorry that was such a long post!!... But it was a great day with my family... I didn't want to forget it! :)




1 comment:
love biking riding - we will have to go sometime!
Post a Comment