Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Parts Manager

Things have been really crazy this week with Swiss Days, the St. George Marathon and the prospects of Bob getting a new job as the St. George Ford Parts Manager.  Bob has wanted to "move up" in the company for a while now, but hasn't quite had the opportunity to do so. Well, last week, the parts manager job opened up. Bob had talked to me about how the previous parts manager "resigned." It got me thinking... and him thinking.... so finally I asked him one day if he was considering applying for the job. He said it had crossed his mind too. From that day forward, he was determined to get the job. I was really proud of him for going and talking to his boss, several times, to let him know that Bob was serious about wanting the job.  Waiting for news of the job was really stressful. It was hard for Bob to concentrate on training for the marathon when all he wanted was news on the job.

Well today, Bob got the news that he got the job!! We are so excited!! Bob has been looking for a change in his job... a new challenge... and this is it! He no longer has to deal with angry customers every day. He gets his own office and assistant and is manager over the parts employees too. It's such an amazing opportunity for him to learn and grow. I know he will be amazing at this job. He is so organized and disciplined. :)

We're also excited for the pay increase. Bob has put in over 12 years at Ford and works really hard. He always stays late when needed and truly cares about the company. I'm excited that he will be getting paid what he deserves. Our family has been trying to save money for the past 4 years now and it hasn't been easy. We are excited with the possibility of saving money for our future. We are excited that our kids may have a college fund. We are excited that next year on our 10 year anniversary... we might be able to go somewhere fun (somewhere we wouldn't have been able to go before). :) We are excited for our future! :)

Mostly we are excited for this new change in our lives. We are grateful for all we have gone through to appreciate everything we have. I feel humbled and can't wait to do right with this new opportunity.!

I just want to add that I'm so grateful for a husband that does anything and everything he can to support his family. I often think how hard it must be to be the sole provider of the family... it must be so stressful knowing that what you bring home, literally puts food on the table for your family. Although I try my best to bring in a little extra... I have to be home with the kids for a while, and unfortunately, that doesn't pay in "real money". :) It can be hard... but he understands and he encourages me and never makes me feel like I don't do enough. I am really grateful for him. He is amazing. And I love him so much.

No comments: