Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day

We started our Labor Day by doing some Labor. :) We went over to our other house to weed. :) Not too much fun but the weather was perfect. It was overcast and it even started to sprinkle on us. We couldn't have hand-picked a better day. :) While we were there, I decided to get a picture of our feet we put in the cement back in April 2009. Since I won't have the cement in the bike path anymore... I at least wanted a picture to remember.  I love looking at how small my kids' feet were... especially Aiden. :) It's fun to see. And FYI... my foot is not bigger than Bobby's... as this picture would appear. :) It is exactly one half-size smaller. :) It is flat, however. That I'll admit to. :)


After we got done weeding, we came home to eat some lunch. Not long after we heard a thump on one of our big windows... we went outside to find this hummingbird laying on the chair. It was knocked coo-coo for a little while so we held it until it could fly away. :) It was so little! It flew around under our patio ceiling for a few minutes... like it couldn't find its way out... All of a sudden, another hummingbird came flying under too. It flew right to the injured one and nipped at its tail... then led the way out! (Like it was saying, "hey... follow me.) The injured one followed it and flew away. It was pretty cool. Hummingbirds are so cute. :)

Since the weather was so BEAUTIFUL... we decided to spend the evening outside roasting hot dogs in the fire pit for dinner. We invited our neighbor over to join in the party too. The hot dogs were amazing, the company was awesome, and the rain was... unexpected. :) We weren't giving in though... we just went and grabbed some umbrellas. :) It only lasted about 20 minutes. We still loved the weather.  We ended up visiting outside until dark. I love that we can go outside and enjoy a nice fire and great company whenever we want... it's amazing. :)

All in all, it was a great Labor Day. I'm glad we did something fun (even if we didn't go anywhere or spend any money)! :)

No comments: