Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Carve


The Annual Pumpkin Carve was scheduled for the Sunday before Halloween so that the pumpkins wouldn't rot before Halloween. Lainee and I also decided to do a fun "spook alley" for the kids in my dad's basement. We planned all week the fun activities we would do. We were going to do glow-in-the-dark bowling, and glow-in-the-dark ring toss. We planned to have fun drinks that would glow in the dark along with yummy halloween treats.

None of what we planned to do today happened because my grandpa passed away during the afternoon. Read this post if you want to know more.

I stayed at my grandmas until 5 in the afternoon. We had planned to do the pumpkin carve before all this happened so I wasn't sure what the plan was. My dad said he still wanted to do it. He wanted his family nearby and doing things together. We decided to bag the other activities though, since nobody was in the mood.

We met at my dads and had dinner and carved pumpkins. We told the kids to play in the basement so we could just relax and think for a bit. It's so weird how everything can change so fast. It was good to spend time with my dad, brothers and sisters (in-law). I don't get to see them very often and I needed them today. We had lost someone so important to us all.

No comments: